Duration: 20 weeks
Lomeshaye Bridge Mill is a Victorian era cotton mill owned by Heritage Trust for the North West.
This contract includes the refurbishment and minor internal works to an existing Victorian Mill, located beside the Leeds Liverpool Canal.
The mill, purchased by the Trust in 1998, was the Trust’s first acquisition in Nelson. Initially it was a two-storey steam powered cotton spinning mill built in 1841.
In 1899, two further storeys and the adjoining weaving sheds were added.
The mill offers managed workspace on the third floor, with the first and second floors utilised as archiving space with the potential to be used as further workspace in the future; the ground floor will continue to be used as a joinery workshop.