Barnfield Group are looking for a Development Project Manager to join our Property Team. The Group‘s vision is to further expand its existing and well-established development portfolio and have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to continue and develop a career in the property development sector.
Reporting directly to the Head of Development & Acquisition, the Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the development process, interfacing with the Group’s Construction division and external consultants, together with taking schemes through planning, detailed design and will act as client during the construction phase.
There are no specific qualification requirements, however, the role requires a proven track record in project management and/or property development.
- Working alongside in-house and external colleagues including specialists in acquisitions, Utilities, Planning, Highways, Property and Construction, managing the design of schemes from feasibility, through planning and smooth handover to the Groups construction division
- Coordination of the range of professional consultants including architects, civil and drainage engineers, planning consultants, and other planning and property development specialists
- Reviewing advice and reports and understanding the impact on the design and development process and reacting in a commercially appropriate way to ensure best outcomes
- Advising team members as required to ensure they understand any implications and exploring mitigation measures
- Agreeing and managing project budgets in line with the feasibility appraisal
- Agreeing and managing development programmes
- Procuring services and works as required through the early property development process including design, engineering, environmental and planning support
- Understanding commercial drivers and responding appropriately to keep projects within budget and on time
- Managing the planning process to ensure planning applications, permissions and pre-start conditions are managed and discharged effectively
- Working closely with the team to ensure Section Agreements and works are designed and approved quickly and effectively. Managing the Agreement process
- Working with the architects and the Design Framework to develop a tender ready project
- Running and taking responsibility for a number of projects with JV partners and being the liaison between the JV Partner and the Contractor
- Proven track record in property development and/or project management
- Live within a commutable distance to Nelson, Lancashire
- Enthusiastic & outgoing personality with a hands on approach
- Driving licence