VALUE: £5 million
Duration: 50 weeks
Following on from the successful negotiation with existing client, RB Business Parks, Barnfield Construction carried out the construct the new 50,000 sq ft, PCT headquarters under a design and build contract.
Barnfield Construction successfully achieved this scope by utilising a steel framed construction which was then clad in locally sourced random rubble walling complete with cut stone window surrounds as well as a blue slate roof construction, which was laid on a composite liner system.
• An amalgamation of a traditional, rural external feel with a fresh, modern internal office arrangement.
• Carefully selected high quality paving which is in keeping with the rural theme but high durability with minimal maintenance
• SUDS drainage systems
• Back-up Generator ensuring all systems at the area’s crisis control centre are fully operational at all times
• Timber windows specially manufactured by Barnfield’s highly skilled bench joiners
• Very high specification of all internal environment to exacting standards specified by the client
• The scheme is complimented by an extensive landscaping scheme complete with park fencing and a woodland walk alongside the stream, Swinden Clough
• The site was a old landfill tip, which necessitated extensive piling work and the need for a suspended slab
• The external areas also required extensive geo grids to be installed to prevent settlement
• Liaison with the Environmental Agency due to the site being adjacent to a main river
• Liaison with British Waterways due to the site being adjacent to a canal
• Liaison with United Utilities due to the site being very close to overhead power lines
“I would like to put in writing how professional and helpful Gary and his team were when they worked at Walshaw House. They completed the huge task within minimal disruption and to an excellent standard.”