VALUE: £3.5 Million
Since the departure of Smith and Nephew from their factory on North Valley Road, the site was cleared and remained undeveloped for several years.
Barnfield were asked to assist in developing the site by Harrogate based Gregory Properties and secured planning permission in 2000 for a mixed use scheme which was predominantly for retail use.
Barnfield were appointed as the main contractor and developed the site for several household names. New premises on the site were:
- 30,000 sq ft store for Matalan
- 3,100sqft restaurant and drive thru for McDonalds
- 2,500sqft restaurant & drive thru for Kentucky Fried Chicken
- 10,000sqft car dealership for Vantage Toyota
- 7,000sqft store for £stretcher
- 12,000sqft store for Aldi