VALUE: £2.5 million
Duration: 72 weeks
This development involved the partial demolition and refurbishment of the existing listed building which had been substantially extended in order to create a managed office building that also incorporated retails units and a cyber cafe.
Barnfield facilitated the funding to allow the redevelopment of this Grade II listed building which is a key part of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Councils heritage corridor.
- One elevation was rebuilt to replicate the original structure as part of the listed building guidelines
- New roof together with new sliding sash windows
- High level of dilapidations
- Site totally bounded by adopted roads
- A tricky project in the ground as we were building in the existing footprint, which was right up to the site boundaries