VALUE: £6.2 Million
Duration: 52 Weeks
This hotel scheme was the final piece of a recently completed retail development and was a result of successful negotiations through an existing client.
The project involved the design and build of the very first Hampton by Hilton brand hotel in Europe, which was developed on a Brownfield site in Corby.
The project involved the full Furniture, Fittings and Equipment contract, which ensured on hand over date the brand new hotel could begin trading immediately.
The flagship hotel consists of a steel frame supporting composite cladding with cedar boarding on the ground floor and curtain walling to side of the building.
In order to reduce construction time on the 88 bedroom hotel and ensure consistency of design and finish, Barnfield took the decision to install bathroom pods within each room.
Several areas were created within the hotel including:
- Welcome Zone – featuring a seating area
- Living zone – featuring a further seating area for relaxation and drinks
- Work zone – featuring a breakout area for peace and quiet with the laptop
- Two meeting rooms – featuring separating screens accommodating for larger conferences
- The Hub – multi-function area featuring a snack bar,, breakfast bar, drinks bar and reception
- Core breakfast area – featuring an extensive self service breakfast area
- Communications room
As this hotel was unique in that it was the very first Hampton by Hilton brand hotel in Europe we went to great lengths to work with Hilton to integrate the existing American specification to fit with the UK market requirements and regulations.
The hotel was completed on time, in full and to a high standard.