VALUE: £6 million
Duration: 52 weeks
Barnfield Construction was appointed as main contractor for the first phase of a £25m mixed use development at Riverway Stafford after the developer’s Panacea Property Developments, gained unconditional planning approval.
Panacea bought the site from Staffordshire County Council and the development was delivered in the summer of 2015. The total value of phase one was circa £12m.
Phase one is a 47,600 sq ft headquarters and business centre office development, let on a 30 year lease to an educational support services company, located on a site of 2.1 acres (0.85ha).
Barnfield were recommended as preferred contractor by Capita, as having intricate knowledge of working to a budget & providing a competitive quote quickly – they needed a contractor to work alongside Capita from the start of the project concept.
Details of the project are:
- The structure is constructed partly on stilts and is situated in Stafford Town centre development next to the river & Asda.
- The head quarters has been built over 5 storeys, featuring a dual entrance building, has the capacity to hold 400 staff .
- The lower ground floor consists of car parking including a lift.
- The ground floor holds 6 seminar rooms, pedestrian turn styles, music performance area, restaurant, reception area, and 4 ITC suits.
- The 1st & 2nd Floor consists of open plan offices, executives office & board room.
- The 3rd Floor features decking & plant room on a roof terrace.
Following on from the successful delivery of phase one, Panacea appointed Barnfield for phase two of the development where a 15 bedroom extra care/independent living scheme is currently being developed on the 1.6 acre (0.64 hectare) front site.