Employed by Barnfield Construction Ltd
An excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual looking to develop a career in Design and Build Management. Barnfield Construction are a well-established and respected construction company with their core delivery being over 4 sectors- commercial and industrial, retail and leisure, public sector and residential development, for new and repeat clients along with their own development portfolio.
With the recent acquirement of a number of large new contracts with some high profile clients, the company is going through a period of continued expansion and are now looking for a Design & Build Manager to join their expert team. This role would ideally suit a committed, highly motivated, individual with relevant experience within the field.
The Barnfield Group of companies are Contractors, Developers and Investors active on over 30 sites throughout the UK, predominantly in the North West of England. Our business is based on developing successful partnerships with public and private sector clients and ensuring all development and construction projects are completed to the highest standard.
In business since 1976, we have completed over 1,000 major projects nationwide over the last 47 years and we have a proven capability of undertaking, project managing and successfully completing complex construction and refurbishment projects with values ranging from £1m through to £30m.
Our purpose: To build a better tomorrow for our clients, communities and people.
By keeping our purpose in mind in all we do, our Barnfield Values reinforce the impact and positive change we want to make and see for our clients, communities and each other.
Act with Integrity
Find a Way
Inspired by them, we can build lasting client relationships, create inspiring places and support local communities.
Here at Barnfield, our people are our greatest asset. Our team of more than 100 people are passionate, dedicated and ambitious, and our one-team approach is apparent across the business.
- Assisting in the management of the design process, both pre and post contract
- Attending internal and external design team meetings and producing accurate action lists to all involved
- Investigating cost effective technical solutions.
- Co-ordinate the design and integration of each sub-contractor package
- Checking and managing internal and external drawings and submittals, through Procore
- Manage the process of achieving compliance requirements.
- Develop a design programme/delivery schedule incorporating all design and cost issues, ensuring project milestones are met.
- Consistently implement CDM regulations
- Minimum 5 years Design Coordinator experience working on variety of projects, including industrial, commercial, refurbishments and housing.
- Strong communication skills to articulate a clear technical direction with good written, verbal, networking and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of construction methods and techniques
- Ability to challenge / interrogate designs in order to promote the most effective, buildable and cost effective solutions.
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints
- Happy to travel around the North West
- Live within a commutable distance to Nelson
- Driving license
23 days (plus 8 bank holidays) per year increasing by 1 day for every five years of service. 5-7 days (plus 3 bank holidays) to be saved for Christmas closure (determined annually each January).
Please apply in writing with your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org