The job involves:
Working with a small HSEQ team at our HQ off junction 12 of the M65, supporting project management teams in maintaining and collating HSEQ systems and records, producing startup packs for new sites, creating awareness materials, dealing with PPE procurement and internal orders, writing, reviewing and evaluating risk assessments, reviewing and evaluating subcontractor approval questionnaires, maintaining & distributing Approved Subcontractor records, internal auditing of integrated ISO management systems for 9001, 14001, 45001, tracking progress on action points from internal audits.
While primarily office based, training and development will be provided to fill any onsite practical gaps for the right candidate. Over time the successful candidate will develop a breadth of technical and practical skills in construction health and safety, undertaking site audits from time to time as part of their development and to provide resilience across the department.
You should :
- be very organised, adaptable and able to multi-task
- have good literacy and competent numeracy
- be adept on Microsoft Office applications and common business IT packages
- be a supportive team player
- be fit and capable enough to undertake physical activity involved in sorting and picking PPE orders and accessing all areas of a construction site including scaffold and occasionally climbing ladders
- hold NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate or recognised equivalency
It would help if you were:
a creative thinker and problem solver, commercially aware, experienced in ISO management system auditing, holding NEBOSH Environmental certificate and a full clean driving license.
Barnfield Construction Limited is a family owned contractor, developer and investment company operating across a wide and interesting variety of sectors. Growth has been built on prudent stable governance, repeat business from satisfied customers and a friendly hard working team. We value relationships and prefer to deal face to face at all levels.
Closing Date: 7th June
Apply in writing with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org