In May 2022, Pendleside Hospice approached Barnfield Group with an offer to partake in their Corporate Challenge 2022.
The Corporate Challenge is a commercial fundraising initiative to allow local businesses the opportunity to compete or work collaboratively to raise as much money as possible for Pendleside Hospice from the 1st of June through to the end of September.
As Pendleside Hospice is a charity close to many hearts at Barnfield as well as a vital service in our local community, we agreed to step up to the challenge.
We ran various fundraising initiatives including:
- Charity football match at Turf Moor
- Pendle Pub Walk
- The Great Barnfield Bake Off
- Collection of charity bags for Pendleside Hospice shops
- Burnley FC themed auction
- Burnley 10k
- Burnley FC themed staff raffle
- Sweetie coin challenge
- Staff tuck shop
- Provided equipment to support Pendleside Hospice’s’ own events
- Supported other challengers’ events (e.g. Petty Real quiz night)
As a grand finale to our fundraising efforts, we hosted our own ‘End of Summer Charity Party’ at Turf Moor (read more here). This event alone raised £13,509.42.
In total, we raised £19,000 during the Corporate Challenge period, all of which was donated to Pendleside Hospice.
On Thursday 3rd November 2022, Pendleside Hospice hosted a lavish awards ceremony at the beautiful Crow Wood Hotel in Burnley.
Hospice colleagues announced that the total raised from all 70 businesses involved with the challenge was an incredible £208,296.00.
Barnfield were absolutely delighted to win two awards on the night:
- Best Newcomer Award
- Most Raised Overall
We were also nominated for:
- 2 x Fundraiser of the Year Awards (Tracy Clavell-Bate and Danielle Stephenson)
- Innovation Award
- Team Spirit Award
It has been an absolutely fantastic event to be involved in and we hope the money raised helps many people.
We would like to say a huge well done to every single business involved.