Job Description – Property & Construction Administrator
Reporting to Barnfield Construction’s Property Manager and HSEQ Manager/Management Quantity Surveyor.
A vacancy has arisen in the Property & Construction H&S departments of the Barnfield group, based off-site at the Lancashire Digital Technology Management Centre, Innovation Drive, Burnley.
The position offers a varied and interesting role, managing the day to day requirements of the estate and its tenants, and assisting the busy construction team with the preparation of Health & Safety/As-built files and implementation and auditing of ISO 9001.
Though the role is not based at the HQ in Nelson, you will join a thriving family business that is well known and respected within the area for delivering quality projects.
You will work alongside the Property Manager and be the key contact for the tenants of the office facility, ensuring they are provided with an exceptional level of service during their tenancy. You will also maximise the centres potential, ensuring effective marketing and strive to achieve 100% occupancy.
You will also work alongside the HSEQ Manager & Management Quantity Surveyor and assist with wider H&S matters within the Barnfield group.
– At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role ideally within a property management/lettings or Health & Safety environment
– High level of competence in IT system use and specifically Microsoft Office suite is essential
– Hands-on approach
– Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills
– Welcoming tenants and their visitors to the centre
– Ensuring the centre and the wider Estate is kept neat and tidy at all times
– Accepting post and deliveries on behalf of Tenants & holding items for collection by courier
– Sorting incoming and outgoing mail and invoicing accordingly
– Dealing with the virtual offices and the users
– Managing the meeting facilities, organise buffets and order supplies for coffee machines
– Ensuring H&S measures and the Centres Risk Assessment is checked and implemented, for instance, fire drills, alarm testing & fire extinguisher
– Managing the services provided at the centre for instance, security, cleaning, grounds maintenance. Dealing with the contractors and contract renewal
– Undertaking viewings at the Centre, negotiating the terms of any tenancy. Managing the legal process and handover of the business suites
– Dealing with any outgoing Tenants, ensuring tenancy obligations are met
– Liaising with local commercial agents regarding availability
– Managing the Centres IT and phone system, dealing with tenancy changes as occupiers move in and out of the centre. Respond to faults & raise tickets as appropriate to the IT helpdesk
– Keeping accurate records of franking, room hire and catering and invoicing accordingly
– Managing the service charge budget ensuring best value at all times
– Chasing any arrears and keeping the Property Manager informed
– Compiling H&S folders for new builds in conjunction with the Construction team
Hours and holiday
– Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
– Annual leave is 23 days (plus 8 bank holidays) per year
– A driving licence is essential
All applications via Indeed – Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 16/03/2021
Expected Start Date: 19/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent