This former cotton mill built in 1832 was purchased by Pendle Council in 2012 using government grant from the Homes and Communities Agency fund.
Ownership of the mill was then transferred to the pioneering regeneration joint venture between Barnfield Investment Properties Limited and Pendle Council, PEARL (Brierfield Mill).
The aim for the redevelopment of this 380,000 sqft complex with a new development name of NORTHLIGHT, is to help Pendle’s existing businesses to grow, help new businesses to start and attract investment into the area.
Barnfield Construction have been busy carrying out a strip out of the internal areas of the mill over the past few months and we hope to be on site later this year to start the mills exciting transformation into a successful NEW multi-use community.
Although development plans are still in discussions our aspirations for the site are:
– ENTERPRISE offices and workshop hub – now on site – LALC
– LEISURE state-of-the-art climbing facilities and soft play area with cafe – now on site – Leisure Box
– RESIDENTIAL quarter overlooking the canal with a marina style feel
– PUBLIC REALM area with car parking, trendy seating area and boulevard
– HOTEL possibly with Spa
– CONFERENCING facilities and exhibition space
– WINTER GARDEN area with restaurants overlooking the Leeds and Liverpool canal with stunning scenery over the surrounding area
We would hope to complete the whole development in 3/4 years time.